Monday, April 14, 2008

Sicko

Some days I wake up entirely content, excited by where I am, the sun is shining, a breeze is blowing, the day looks bright. Waking up alone, no family, in an empty house on a small island with a fever, after 11 hours of sweaty sleep, at 5am is not one of those days. The roosters are loud, the room is hot but I’m cold - even wearing my one sweater, uggh. Cooking sounds like a bad proposition but 2 days without food dives me to eat some Doritos© -bad idea. Tea and bananas are a better idea. My hypothesis was that 3 weeks of too much beer and too little sleep had caught up with me when I woke up with leg cramps at 3am Sunday morning, but then when other paddlers described similar symptoms I modified my theory to “something in the water”; regardless - all one can do is eat some bananas and sweat it out, and maybe hide from the Vailima for a day or two. Blah

1 comment:

lefobserver said...

HI FROM macedonia-GREECE.
I AM 11 YEARS OLD.
PLEASE,
CAN YOU ENTER IN MY BLOG IN ORDER TO TAKE THE FLAG OF SAMOA AND IT IS WRITTEN IN MY MAP OF VISITORS?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
lefobserver.blogspot.com